Status=99 (Job not running)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saraswathi
Participant

Status=99 (Job not running)

Post by saraswathi »

I have ran a server job through sequencer. I'm getting the error
status=99(Not running).
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D

Clearly you have NOT "ran a job through sequencer".

Try compiling the job and running it in isolation. Then try running it from the job sequence (note: not "sequencer"). Tell us what appears in the job sequence's log.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
joesat
Participant

Post by joesat »

what sarawathi means is that she ran a particular job sequence, but one of the job finished with the status=99. i am experiencing the same problem. because of this, the next job in the sequence throws an error "Error fetching job status" in the description panel of Datastage Director...

i have compiled the sequence and executed it, it stops at the same job. but curiously the job executes successfully in isolation, but stops in the sequence!

what does one have to do? please help...thanks!
Joel Satire
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Is there additional information in the log file when you reset the job, i.e. and entry titled "from previous run..."?
joesat
Participant

Post by joesat »

This is the log corresponding to the failed job in the sequence,

JobSeq.93.JobControl (DSWaitForJob): Job IndividualJob.93 has finished, status = 99 (Not running)

Note: JobSeq is the name of the sequence and IndividualJob is the name of the job, 93 is the run id
Joel Satire
joesat
Participant

Post by joesat »

This is the log corresponding to the failed job in the sequence,

JobSeq.93.JobControl (DSWaitForJob): Job IndividualJob.93 has finished, status = 99 (Not running)

Note: JobSeq is the name of the sequence and IndividualJob is the name of the job, 93 is the run id
Joel Satire
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Joe - did you try the reset on the job?
saraswathi
Participant

Post by saraswathi »

Yes i have reset the job, but it is still showing the same
saraswathi
Participant

Post by saraswathi »

I deleted the job and imported the .dsx file freshly and compiled it. Now when I compile the job and run it individually the job remains in the in the compiled state and doesnt execute
panchusrao2656
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by panchusrao2656 »

Are you using any invocationID when you are calling from the sequencer, might be job with that particular invocationID having the status 99
VijayaHarsha
Participant

Post by VijayaHarsha »

I had the same problem when I was running the job sequence, which had a routine in it. I mistyped one of the input parameters while calling the routine in the job sequence which resulted status 99 error. Once I corrected it, the routine was running fine.
VJ
saraswathi
Participant

Post by saraswathi »

All the input parameters in the routine are correct only. I think the problem is in a server job. When I try to run the compiled job individually, it's showing unable to return an attached job and doesnt execute.
joesat
Participant

Post by joesat »

can someone explain what "Unable to return attached job" means?
Joel Satire
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try taking a copy of the job, and compiling and running that. If that works, delete the bad one, rename the new one and recompile.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
joesat
Participant

Post by joesat »

have tried that...still same problem
Joel Satire