parameter

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

reddy12
Participant

parameter

Post by reddy12 »

I am trying to run the job from command line.if i gave like

dsjob -run -jobstatus projectname jobname it is working but it is taking default parameters.

I want to pass different parameters from command line.there are four parameters.the parameters userid,password,database,path.

How can i pass parameters from command line.
Please give me correct syntax and one example.

Your response would be appreciated.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Read the Server Job Developer Guide, specifically Command Line Interface. It will give you the exact syntax.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
reddy12
Participant

Post by reddy12 »

Thanks for your quick response
I checked in server guide i did not find Command Line Interface . can you please give where can i find this.Or give me answer if possible.

DSguru2B wrote:Read the Server Job Developer Guide, specifically Command Line Interface. It will give you the exact syntax.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Do a search in the pdf file.
The short example to pass parameters is

Code: Select all

dsjob -run -jobstatus -param Param1=Param1_value -param Param2=Param2_value projectname jobname
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

Just out of curiousity.... why do you want to run the jobs via command line? Why not a script that contains the dsjob -run command, which also makes use of a parameter file? Or, more simply, why not run using a director?

gateleys
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

gateleys, how would you call dsjob with a parameter file? Can you give me an example?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Perhaps something like this would help.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers