DataStage Pack for SAP R/3 on Information Server 8.0

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gshankar007
Participant

DataStage Pack for SAP R/3 on Information Server 8.0

Post by gshankar007 »

We have Installed Information Server 8.0 on a Windows 2003 Environment , There is a Business request to extract data from SAP R/3 through BAPI and IDOCs. To Achieve this , We have Installed the DataStage Pack for SAP R/3 Version 5.3.1 on this Server . The Installation Went through well and these packs show up on the Repository.

However , While using the Packs , I mean when "Draging those Packs to my Designer Window " , It throws up an Error

"(40906) Unable to create the New Object"

Has anyone encountered this Problem ? If So , Please help me in resolving this issue
gshankar
val
Participant

Re: Error 40906 using Pack for SAP on DS8.0

Post by val »

Did you get this working? I'm seeing exactly the same behavior -- though others on my team are able to use the SAP Pack without problems. But on both Server and Parallel jobs, I get "(40906) Unable to create the new object" when I drag an SAP stage to the canvas -- happens on any of the 4 Packs (ABAP, BAPI, IDoc Extract, IDoc Load).

If you solved the problem, please update this thread and tell us what worked. If I find a fix I'll do the same.

Regards,

Val
val
Participant

Re: Error 40906 using Pack for SAP on DS8.0

Post by val »

OK, solved, at least for me. This error occurs if you don't have the SAP Client Pack installed. A clue is if your SAP Pack icons look like generic plugin icons -- like a yellow US electrical power outlet. That's DataStage's "generic" icon. If your SAP Client Pack is properly installed, the icons will look SAP-specific: they look like a little factory building, with the name of the stage (IDOC Extract, IDOC Load, ABAp Extract, BAPI) written on the building.

Once the client's installed, my icons are SAP-specific, and I'm able to place SAP Packs on the canvas as expected.

Hope this helps!

- Val