Regarding Notification Activity

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sudhakar_viswa
Participant

Regarding Notification Activity

Post by sudhakar_viswa »

Hi,
I have to send a email notification to the parameter file (in parameter file we listed some of the reciptents names)
i need to know datastage
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

And what will the parameter file do with the email notification once it receives it?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
venugopal81
Participant

Post by venugopal81 »

What I understand is. In the receipients email address he want to pass mail address list file. Which contains all the mail ids of the receipnts. It may be 50 or 100. Is this possible by using mail notification activity or how can we achieve this issue.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Actually, the post says it contains some of the names. Not sure where the rest will come from. :wink:

You'll need to read the file in and use the resulting string to populate a Job Parameter for use in the stage. Or if the list is 'too long' or you want people to get individual emails, you'll need to craft an iterative solution.

Either a Sequence with the dreaded User Activity Variables plus the Start Loop and End Loop stages looping around the Notification Activity stage passing one address at a time, or forget the whole 'stage' approach and script something using 'sendmail' or 'mailx' or whatever...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers