error fetching data using Oracle Enterprise stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

error fetching data using Oracle Enterprise stage

Post by priyadarshikunal »

do we need to grant Select privilage to sys.dba_extents while fetching data using Oracle enterprise stage and why?

Because I can fetch the data using ODBC stage but while fetching data from Oracle enterprise stage i am getting an error like

Code: Select all

Error executing View Data command:

##E TDOR 000172 17:47:30(001) <Oracle_Enterprise_0> Access to sys.dba_extents  required but not available. Please see your dba for select privileges.

and do we need to grant privilages in DataStage 8 EE while using connector Stage or Oracle enterprise stage?
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Yes you do. This has been discussed many times before. Search on the error message.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are eight system tables to which you require SELECT privilege. It helps to remind the recalcitrant DBA that you can not do any damage with only SELECT privilege.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Now that you've copied the relevant section, there's no need to read the Parallel Job Developer's Guide !
:roll:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

thaks to all of u !!!

I have sent a request to DBA for the SELECT privilege.

regards
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink: