Oracle call failed; sqlcode = -900; message: ORA-00900: inva

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kriskkumar
Participant

Oracle call failed; sqlcode = -900; message: ORA-00900: inva

Post by kriskkumar »

Tried to use all of the following stmts in the OPEN command of oracle enterprise stage (DS 7.5.1) and get the above error, did anyone get a resolution on this ?

'DELETE FROM TABLE1'
'DELETE FROM TABLE1;'
"DELETE FROM TABLE1"
"DELETE FROM TABLE1;"
DELETE FROM TABLE1

I am using the Load and append options. There was just one other post on this and no resolution mentioned.

Thank you,
Abburi
Participant

Re: Oracle call failed; sqlcode = -900; message: ORA-00900:

Post by Abburi »

kriskkumar wrote:Tried to use all of the following stmts in the OPEN command of oracle enterprise stage (DS 7.5.1) and get the above error, did anyone get a resolution on this ?

'DELETE FROM TABLE1'
'DELETE FROM TABLE1;'
"DELETE FROM TABLE1"
"DELETE FROM TABLE1;"
DELETE FROM TABLE1

I am using the Load and append options. There was just one other post on this and no resolution mentioned.

Thank you,

The statement that you've tried to execute is not a valid SQL statement.
kriskkumar
Participant

Post by kriskkumar »

What is invalid about the stmt, can you elaborate or post a valid stmt for delete.

Thanks,
csrazdan
Participant

Re: Oracle call failed; sqlcode = -900; message: ORA-00900:

Post by csrazdan »

kriskkumar wrote:Tried to use all of the following stmts in the OPEN command of oracle enterprise stage (DS 7.5.1) and get the above error, did anyone get a resolution on this ?

'DELETE FROM TABLE1'
'DELETE FROM TABLE1;'
"DELETE FROM TABLE1"
"DELETE FROM TABLE1;"
DELETE FROM TABLE1

Thank you,
From Oracle documentation:

Code: Select all

ORA-00900 invalid SQL statement

Cause: The statement is not recognized as a valid SQL statement. This error can occur if the Procedural Option is not installed and a SQL statement is issued that requires this option (for example, a CREATE PROCEDURE statement). You can determine if the Procedural Option is installed by starting SQL*Plus. If the PL/SQL banner is not displayed, then the option is not installed.

Action: Correct the syntax or install the Procedural Option.

Login to Oracle using SQL Plus check the banner. Also check if you are able to create procedures.

Hope it helps......
Assume everything I say or do is positive
kriskkumar
Participant

Post by kriskkumar »

The delete stmt works fine in toad and also I have created a DataStage job just to delete the rows and it works fine, looks like it doesnt work in OPEN command!
csrazdan
Participant

Post by csrazdan »

kriskkumar wrote:The delete stmt works fine in toad and also I have created a DataStage job just to delete the rows and it works fine, looks like it doesnt work in OPEN command!
I'm not questioning your delete statement. What I want to know is if you can create procedures on this database?

I'm not sure but it looks like DataStage creates a procedure for Open statement for execution.

Following code will sumilate the situation:

Code: Select all

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE TEST_ME
IS
BEGIN
   DELETE FROM TABLE_NAME;    
END TEST_ME;

Create this procedure in TOAD/SQL Prompt and exeute it. If you are not able to create this procedure, you may have to talk to your DBA.

Hope it helps......
Assume everything I say or do is positive