DB2 Bulk Load

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sridharvg
Participant

DB2 Bulk Load

Post by sridharvg »

I have a job which has a DB2 API stage as source and DB2 bulk load as Target. While I am compiling the job I am getting the error "minimum 1 output stream(s) required" in DB2 Bulk Load stage. Can any one of you help me in fixing this error.

Thanks in advance.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I just tried a job as you described and it compiled just fine at 7.5.1.2

Are you certain that your link actually connects to the stage (i.e. move the bulk load stage around and see if the link follows it in the designer)
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: DB2 Bulk Load

Post by sud »

sridharvg wrote:I have a job which has a DB2 API stage as source and DB2 bulk load as Target. While I am compiling the job I am getting the error "minimum 1 output stream(s) required" in DB2 Bulk Load stage. Can any one of you help me in fixing this error.

Thanks in advance.
I have faced this problem before. Isn't the bulk load stage a server only stage? :?:
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

Is there a reason you are using the API stage vs. the DB2 Enterprise stage? From our experience, the performance is much faster with the Enterprise stage - it can also do loads.

Brad.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please post the complete and exact error text (double click in Director to retrieve it).

I am surprised to learn that any bulk load stage requires any output. In my experience they simply consume their input.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
SAMEENA
Participant

Post by SAMEENA »

Hi Ray,
Even I am facing similar problem.When I compile the job I get following error :

"Stage 'DB2_UDB_Load_1' requires minimum of '1' stream output(s)".

My job is
Sequential File --> DB2/UDB Bulk Load

Thanks in advance.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Read the on-line help or the manual chapter for this stage, in particular its requirement for connected links.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.