Encryption

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srimitta
Premium Member
Premium Member

Encryption

Post by srimitta »

Hi All,

Anybody have any idea whether we can use DS 7.5.1a Oracle plug-in's to load encrypted data into Oracle 10G r2 database tables.

we are looking at field level encryption (feild data types are of Numeric and decimal).

Thanks
srimitta
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The data is coming to you 'encrypted' or do you need to perform the encryption during the load? If you don't need to do the encryption or any kind of decryption during the processing, I don't see why it couldn't be treated like any other 'data' - simply stored and retrieved from the database.

Would need more specifics to give a more coherent answer. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
srimitta
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by srimitta »

Sorry for delay response.

1). We are validating decripted data in DS and after validation again we are encrypting and loading data.

2). We are just loading encrypted data from source.

Here what I am trying to know is whether DS Oracle plug-in's allow encrypted data into Number and Decimal data type feilds.

Thanks
srimitta
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't believe that would be a 'DS Oracle plug-in' thing, but a general Oracle question - does Oracle allow it. I don't think so but have never had any reason to encrypt anything other than string data.

Have you talked to your DBA?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
srimitta
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by srimitta »

I checked with DBA, encrypted data is going into those feilds with varchar2 data types.

And varchar2 is srting data type we shouldn't have a problem :D .

Hey Thanks.
srimitta