Oracle relational stage aborts

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lsnovick
Participant

Oracle relational stage aborts

Post by lsnovick »

Ok, where are the log errors hidden in PE? I am a server person who attended class for PE but did not know I could not see my aborts in the log. This is what I see:

ORA_ML_OPTN_FAMILY_SS,0: The system(sqlldr cmvin_steward_dw@dbidedw.elabs.eds.com CONTROL=ora.8105.41297d.0.ctl LOG=ora.8105.41297d.0.log BAD=ora.8105.41297d.0.log.bad SILENT=header PARFILE=ora.8105.41297d.0.par) failed; see the log file for the Oracle specific message.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Oracle relational stage aborts

Post by chulett »

lsnovick wrote:LOG=ora.8105.41297d.0.log
That ".log" file is where these particular sqlldr errors would be. You'd need to find it, I assume it would be in the job's Project but don't know for certain. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
JeroenDmt
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Oracle relational stage aborts

Post by JeroenDmt »

The .log files are hidden in the Scratch directory that is defined in your config file (something like ../Ascential/DataStage/Scratch)
chulett wrote:
lsnovick wrote:LOG=ora.8105.41297d.0.log
That ".log" file is where these particular sqlldr errors would be. You'd need to find it, I assume it would be in the job's Project but don't know for certain. :?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Thanks.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
csrazdan
Participant

Post by csrazdan »

You can add a parameter APT_ORA_WRITE_FILES to you job. Enter a directory path as value for this parameter. Oracle SQL Loader will now create .ctl, .log, .bad and rest of the files in this directory.

Hope it helps....
Assume everything I say or do is positive
JeroenDmt
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JeroenDmt »

I have seen people say before that you can specify the directory where the files are written like that. But the last time I tried it, you can specify a file, not a directory.

In this file you get the sql loader command that would have been executed, which you can then execute yourself, and the files are created like normally.
So the difference is that you can use this to see where the files are created, what they look like and how sqlloader is invoked and things like that, but the files are still written to the same location that is specified in your configuration file.

csrazdan wrote:You can add a parameter APT_ORA_WRITE_FILES to you job. Enter a directory path as value for this parameter. Oracle SQL Loader will now create .ctl, .log, .bad and rest of the files in this directory.

Hope it helps....
csrazdan
Participant

Post by csrazdan »

You are correct.
My mistake...
JeroenDmt wrote:I have seen people say before that you can specify the directory where the files are written like that. But the last time I tried it, you can specify a file, not a directory.

In this file you get the sql loader command that would have been executed, which you can then execute yourself, and the files are created like normally.
So the difference is that you can use this to see where the files are created, what they look like and how sqlloader is invoked and things like that, but the files are still written to the same location that is specified in your configuration file.

csrazdan wrote:You can add a parameter APT_ORA_WRITE_FILES to you job. Enter a directory path as value for this parameter. Oracle SQL Loader will now create .ctl, .log, .bad and rest of the files in this directory.

Hope it helps....
Assume everything I say or do is positive