reject link in Oracle stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sridhar Sivakoti
Participant

Post by Sridhar Sivakoti »

Hi,

I have developed a job like ODBC->Transformer->Oracle->ODBC .
Here I have enabled the output rejected records option in Oracle stage and I want insert those records in ODBC table.

1) In source I have taken a column value as NULL which is Primarykey in target table, In this case this record should be rejected and insert into ODBC table. But when I ran this job this record is dropping and giving the warning only and it is not rejecting to insert into ODBC table.

2)Another case is I have taken source column data value as string which is Number in target, In this case also record is dropping and giving the warning only and it is not rejecting to insert into ODBC table.

Please let me know the reasons why the record is dropping and why it is not rejecting. And in which case I can see the rejection records.

Thanks in Advance
Sridhar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

NULL will be dropped because you can not transfer NULL into a not null field in DataStage. And primary key columns are ALWAYS not null. You need to intercept the null farther upstream in your job and direct it into an ODBC table. However, null primary key will not be allowed there either.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sridhar Sivakoti
Participant

Post by Sridhar Sivakoti »

ray.wurlod wrote:NULL will be dropped because you can not transfer NULL into a not null field in DataStage. And primary key columns are ALWAYS not null. You need to intercept the null farther upstream in your job an ...
Thanks your response ray....

Can you tell me in which case we can get the rejected records form reject link.

Regards
Sridhar Sivakoti
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

These ones you can't. Direct them to an otherwise/log link in an upstream Transformer stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sanjay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sanjay »

Sridhar

If there is database constraint voliation records will be rejected from oracle stage

Snajay

ray.wurlod wrote:These ones you can't. Direct them to an otherwise/log link in an upstream Transformer stage. ...