Sequence Abort after 129 iteration

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dw_prasanta
Participant

Sequence Abort after 129 iteration

Post by dw_prasanta »

Hi,
Requirement is to load 1000 file at a time using the Job sequence. But in each run, the sequence gets aborted after 128 complete iterations i.e. after completion of 128 cycles, when it runs the job for 192 cycle, this is the message in the director
"Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage Seq_Staging_Load..JobControl".

But the job completes successfully for the 129 iteration.

Can anyone help me in this regards ASAP.

Thanks in advance.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Try resetting the sequence and then looking at the entry titled "from previous run..."

p.s. This is a volunteer site, so using the word urgent in a post here usually results in getting a much slower response than normal, and many expert posters here might even decide not to reply.
dw_prasanta
Participant

Post by dw_prasanta »

[quote="ArndW"]Try resetting the sequence and then looking at the entry titled "from previous run..."

p.s. This is a volunteer site, so using the word [i]urgent [/i]in a post here usually results in getting a much slower response than normal, and many expert posters here might even decide not to reply.[/quote]

[Prasanta]:- This is not a good way of writing.Apologies for writing 'ASAP'

I have reset the sequence but could find any entry titled " from previous run....."

Could you please tell some more details...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Odd, in this case I would have expected to see an entry in the job log for the output of the previous run.

If you replace the stage where you call your job with a dummy stage (i.e. a command stage that just issues an empty command) does the job still fail?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

When you say 'iterations', are you using the Loop stages? There is a patch available that corrects a 'stack overflow' problem with looping Sequence jobs after a number of iterations in certain situations.

Contact your Support provider. Reference ECASE 62595. See if that helps.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dw_prasanta
Participant

Post by dw_prasanta »

Thanks a lot to all.... The Patch provided by the Support provider solved the problem... :D
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Away from the topic at hand, we should have an FAQ entry that contains info on all these patches, along with error messages, so that search could turn it up. Just a thought.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

They are searchable on the IBM "eServices" web site.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.