Api stage-datastage director log showing wrong information.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shamik_CHAK
Participant

Api stage-datastage director log showing wrong information.

Post by shamik_CHAK »

Hi,
i am using a teradata api stage to run an aggregation query on teradata database, now the problem is that although the query is running and data is getting inserted in the tables , the director log shows that no row has been inserted.

The log entry was something like the following

Number of rows received = 1, rejected = 0, inserted = 0, updated = 0, deleted = 0.
although 101 rows are getting inserted in the table.

i am using a row grenerator and teradata api for running the query.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Thank you for alerting us to a potential bug.
What did your support provider advise?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nishadkapadia
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Api stage-datastage director log showing wrong informati

Post by nishadkapadia »

Is this one-off thing or a reproducable error. Would you be able to give more detail.

Since made a random job/query to check whether i could reproduce the above , with a simple aggregation of partition by key values, and it does give the statistics as intended.
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

once i faced similar problem. i stopped the job, but the table was still getting updated . then i found that the job process was still running on the compute node.
shamik_CHAK
Participant

Post by shamik_CHAK »

Hi,

the funny thing about this error is that it does not happen with all jobs which are made similarly, i have made other jobs using api stage and row generator and they are showing the correct stats.

What i did then was I copied the query and pasted in a job which was showing correct stats and even then the stats were coming out to be wrong.
when i ran this job again ,this showed the correct stats,so i am really confused as to what may be the rason of this error might be!! :shock: :x

so this is a recurring rror although not quite reproducable in the correct sense of the term!!