Lookup Stage Partitioning-related warnings

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vivekreddy
Participant

Lookup Stage Partitioning-related warnings

Post by vivekreddy »

Hi. I have this job wherein I am using the Lookup stage with reference links as DB2 API stages and my main input is from a dataset.
I am clearing the partitioning in the DB2 API stages, and am applying Hash partitioning as also sorting on the lookup key for each. For the main input, I am setting partitioning as "Auto".
Prior to having set the partitioning as mentioned above, the job was running properly, but now the following warning is generated:

Address_Sub_Lkup: When checking operator: Operator of type "APT_LUTCreateOp": will partition despite the
preserve-partitioning flag on the data set on input port 0.

Because of the above warning, the job is aborting.
Could someone tell me why? :?:
Regards,
Vivek D. Reddy

Post by ray.wurlod »

Change the partition to be explicit rather than (Auto) and/or change the upstream preserve partitioning flag to Clear. If you choose explicit partitioning make sure either that all inputs to the Lookup stage are identically partitioned on the lookup key or that the reference input is Entire partitioned.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vivekreddy
Participant

Post by vivekreddy »

Hi.

I have cleared the Upstream partitioning, as mentioned in my query. As regards the main input, is there a specific protocol to be followed while setting the partitioning for input links when using Lookup Stage? As in Entire for reference and (say) Hash for input? :?:
Regards,
Vivek D. Reddy

Post by dsedi »

we had this earlier and we set the input links partition type = Hash & sort
&
In DB2 API stage,set preserve partitioning=clear.

Edi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

vivekreddy wrote:Hi.

I have cleared the Upstream partitioning, as mentioned in my query. As regards the main input, is there a specific protocol to be followed while setting the partitioning for input links when using Lookup Stage? As in Entire for reference and (say) Hash for input? :?:
There are two possible protocols. Read my earlier post carefully.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.