Shared Server Container

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mchaves
Participant

Shared Server Container

Post by mchaves »

Hi All,

I've got a requirement to use a webservice as lookup in some parallel jobs. As the web service stage is just available for server jobs I had to create a shared server container to lookup on the web service and deliver the info to my parallel jobs.

The problem I am having is that within my parallel job, I am passing the parameters to the container but it seems that they are being dropped out somehow because in the log it says a line (my parameters) is written to the input link but no row is reading from the input link into the web service stage.

Just to confirm that there's data get in, I've put a transformer between the input stage and the web service stage and then an extra output link from the transformer to a sequencial file. All the information I passing through has been written into the file. So, there's something that is rejecting the line (parameters) when it goes to the webservice but is not recording any error no the log.

Any ideas?

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is your server shared container violating one of the rules in Chapter 2 of the Parallel Job Developer's Guide?

If not, you have probably uncovered a small but annoying bug.

Within the server shared container you might be able to use routines from a Transformer stage to interrogate the job parameters (rather than the container's parameters).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mchaves
Participant

Post by mchaves »

Hi Ray,

Haven't gone through the rules to confirm but I have tested the web service transformer stage with same configuration in a server job and it works fine.

I was mistaken in saying the parallel jobs don't have webservice stages. They do have webservice stages but the parallel version I created didn't work.

Have passed the issue onto IBM, let's see what they say.

Cheers