SAP load using SAP Plug-In stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Suman
Participant

SAP load using SAP Plug-In stage

Post by Suman »

Hello,

I am trying to load data into SAP via SAP plug-in stage. Currently, I am calling BAPI with the required import, export parameters, etc. and loading successfully. In some cases I also call IDOC and load successfully.
However, I am unsure if this can give me good performance with huge volume of data.

I'm interested to know if there is any better way of loading data to enhance the performance.

Thanks
Suman
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Probably not. The problem is that you need mechanisms that are legal for SAP. Only the SAP Load and IDOC stages give you this. Of course you could generate text files from DataStage and use internal SAP utilities to import those data. But that needs more layers of management and control.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
racsingh
Participant

Post by racsingh »

Well you can have a work around in this case. Perfromance can be an issue when it comes to loading massive volumes of data into SAP Tables.

Why don't u create a file with all the data in it and just trigger a BAPI from DataStage with input as File Name and File Path. This Bapi in turn will invoke a calling Program in SAP to read the File from the given file path... this should be faster!! So from DataStage point u have created a file and just provided the File path to the SAP Program.