Error message when viewing data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nynali
Participant

Error message when viewing data

Post by nynali »

Please help me with the below error message.I am trying to view a file which has 3650 number of columns.

<_PEEK_IDENT_>: Error message (227138) exceeds the maximum message size (131056); dropping.
**VIEWDATA ROW LIMITER HIT**
nynali
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

The error message tells you all. You have reached a limit. What happens when you run the job?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
nynali
Participant

Post by nynali »

DSguru2B wrote:The error message tells you all. You have reached a limit. What happens when you run the job?

Is this beacuse my Sequential file stage has lot of columns(3650)???
Please let me know of any limitation on this??
nynali
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Yes. But why are you worried about the view data part. Does your job function properly?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
nynali
Participant

Post by nynali »

DSguru2B wrote:Yes. But why are you worried about the view data part. Does your job function properly? ...
Yeah job has successfully completed.It didn't throw any errors.
SInce you are saying there is a limit , then is there any option to increase the same.
nynali
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I doubt it. The limit is for the viewer. Dont know of any variable that will alter that.