problem while opening the job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

problem while opening the job

Post by kirankota79 »

When i try to open the job, it is telling that, job is used by another user, but that is not the case. No body else opened the job.

Before this i closed the designer while the job is opened. How can i come across this problem?
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

The job is locked. Either by someone else (which you say is not the case) or by yourself (this can happen if connection between the server and client is lost abruptly). You need to unlock the job. Search for it. There are numerous method advised.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
reddy12
Participant

Re: problem while opening the job

Post by reddy12 »

You can find this solution in the previous posts.

Go to DataStage Director.click on the jobs tab.click on cleanup resources.

then click on the show all radio button.select that PID in the process click on logout. I think this will work.

kirankota79 wrote:When i try to open the job, it is telling that, job is used by another user, but that is not the case. No body else opened the job.

Before this i closed the designer while the job is opened. How can i come across this problem?
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

when i click, show all button, i am seeing many PIDS for my username. how can i know which one is for my job that is locked
csrazdan
Participant

Post by csrazdan »

Following procedure can help you to identify process and release locks.

1. Logon to your project using DataStage Director.
2. From the menu click on Jobs --> Cleanup Resources. Wait for Job Resources window to popup.
3. Select "Show All" option (option 1) for the Processes box (By default "Show by job" is selected).
4. Select PID# in the Processes box.
5. If you do not find PID#, execute UNIX command [$ kill -9 PID#] on the UNIX prompt to cleanup this process.
6. Once you click on PID# in the Processes box, "Show by Porcess" option (Option 3) will be enabled in Locks box.
7. Select "Show by Porcess" option (Option 3) from the Locks box.
8. If you see any Locks for the selected PID# in the Locks box, click on "Release All" button to cleanup locks.
9. Click on "Logout" button in the Processes box to clean up process.

Refer to DataStage Director Guide - Chapter3: Job Administration Pages: 3.14 thru 3.17 for more details.

Hope it helps........
Assume everything I say or do is positive
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Avoid using unix kill. Kill -9 is a really killer. There might be zombie threads after that. There are so many clean methods of unlocking a job. Go to each and every pid and at the bottom, click, show by process. When you see your job, click on Release All. Remember the pid because then you have to highlight that pid again in the top window and hit Logout.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
reddy12
Participant

Post by reddy12 »

select appropriate PID of the job which one you want in locks box.
then select that PID in the process box then click log out button.
kirankota79 wrote:when i click, show all button, i am seeing many PIDS for my username. how can i know which one is for my job that is locked