Preventing warnings for a reject link output file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Preventing warnings for a reject link output file

Post by abc123 »

How do you prevent warnings in a reject output file from a lookup? The properties "Null field value" and "Field width" are not editable in this situation.
ds_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_developer »

I don't know if it is the best way, but you can put a transformer between the lookup stage and the sequential file (assuming that is what you are writing to). Then the fields are editable and you can set the values appropriately.

John
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

Yes, I did that already. I was looking for a solution without the transformer for performance reasons.
pradeepleon
Participant

Post by pradeepleon »

abc123 wrote:Yes, I did that already. I was looking for a solution without the transformer for performance reasons.
As John mentioned earlier ,I believe you need an active processing stage to route the data properly.Using any active stage would avoid such warnings.
Thanks,
Pradeep

(Ten Hugs And Nine KisseS - THANKS)......is that true?

In GOD we trust,for all others we take cash.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

All you need to do is to set the Null Field Value and/or Default property for each column in the table definition prior to loading it into the job design. No active stage is needed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

Ray, the stage before the sequential file stage is a lookup stage. There is no way to set these properties in the output tab on the lookup stage because the output link is a reject link.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

So set them in the Sequential File stage. It doesn't really matter; the column collection is a property of the link, not of either stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

you can use a copy stage instead of the transformer. lookup -> (reject link) copy -> sequential file. Then you can set the field properties in the sequential file stage.