able to view data but job is aborting

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

able to view data but job is aborting

Post by kirankota79 »

iam able to view data from oracle stage, but when i run the job, it is getting aborted. I am writing the ouput to a sequential file.
reddy12
Participant

Re: able to view data but job is aborting

Post by reddy12 »

Which error you are getting?
kirankota79 wrote:iam able to view data from oracle stage, but when i run the job, it is getting aborted. I am writing the ouput to a sequential file.
diamondabhi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by diamondabhi »

Please post the exact error message one of the things you can check is how are the parameters being passed if any?
Every great mistake has a halfway moment, a split second when it can be recalled and perhaps remedied.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Are you using user defined query? Make sure you have no new line after the last line in your sql. Also check there is nothing (not even a space) in the before/after sql tab or OPEN/CLOSE options.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

i am using auto generated sql. when i validate the job, it is saying OK. but when i run the job it is aborting with segementation fault error
mctny
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mctny »

ok you need to post the error log in order for the people to help you. another thing is just being able to view data and being able to validate the job does not guarantee that the job will not abort.

One last thing, how do we/you know that the error is related with the oracle stage?
Thanks,
Chad
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

when i run the job i get the

An NLS map <ISO-8859-1> is specified, but NLS_LANG is not set. The NLS map must be set to an ICU codepage which is equivalent to the character set specified by NLS_LANG
segmentation fault.
and failure code 139.

Somebody has already replied to this error, but i couldn't see it since it is only for premium membership. i couldn't figureout what this segmentation falt is.
diamondabhi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by diamondabhi »

You need to set the environment var. NLS_LANG to whatever is in your database.
Every great mistake has a halfway moment, a split second when it can be recalled and perhaps remedied.
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

do we need to set this variable in userdefined environment variables in datastage adminstrator for that project. I have tried it, then iam getting ora-12705 errors. the database to access has US7ASCII character set , but for datastage parallel jobs only one character set is there and it is the default one. it is ISO-8859-1. Can you please tell me where i can set this variable
phanee_k
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by phanee_k »

Check if you have any NCHAR / NVARCHAR as datatypes for any of the columns.
The NCHAR and NVARCHAR datatypes expects that the NLS_LANG is installed.

Thanks
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

i have 8 columns in the table with sqltypes decimal, varchar and double. Does this causes any problem? Do we have other than ISO-8859-1 for parallel jobs. In my server i dont have any other NLS for parallel jobs, but there are many for the server jobs to select from.
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

when i see on the oracle side, the data type are:

NUMBER,FLOAT,VARCHAR2
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage has NLS set, and therefore requires that NLS_LANG be set for Oracle.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.