jobs taking older code when called from job sequence

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

via
Premium Member
Premium Member

jobs taking older code when called from job sequence

Post by via »

Hi,
We are running some jobs in a job sequence.We compiled all the jobs used in the job-sequence, compiled the job-sequence.When we run the job-sequence sometimes, one or two jobs are running based on older code(even though we compiled after doing changes to jobs).
But, when we compile that job individually and run, it is taking latest version after changes..I am wondering why that job is not taking latest version while called from job-sequence eventhough that job and sequence are compiled before running?

Any ideas? :(

Thanks..
Via
-------------------------------------
Learn all the way, as you Grow each Second
kris
Participant

Re: jobs taking older code when called from job sequence

Post by kris »

via wrote:Hi,
We are running some jobs in a job sequence.We compiled all the jobs used in the job-sequence, compiled the job-sequence.When we run the job-sequence sometimes, one or two jobs are running based on older code(even though we compiled after doing changes to jobs).
But, when we compile that job individually and run, it is taking latest version after changes..I am wondering why that job is not taking latest version while called from job-sequence eventhough that job and sequence are compiled before running?

Any ideas? :(

Thanks..
Are you noticing this behaviour in the project where you developed the Jobs? or in another project where you have promoted jobs from other environment?

I have noticed this behaviour when I used Job executable option in the past. Not sure if this issue is still around.

Kris~
~Kris