Can we view a file in DS which is 27900 bytes in length?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nynali
Participant

Can we view a file in DS which is 27900 bytes in length?

Post by nynali »

HI,
I am trying to view a file in DS sequential file which is 27,900 bytes in length.But I am getting an error saying "MAXIMUM MESSAGE LENGTH PASSED"
nynali
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Post the full detail of the error message, so that we can get all the other information that you're not telling us.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nynali
Participant

Post by nynali »

ray.wurlod wrote:Post the full detail of the error message, so that we can get all the other information that you're not telling us. ...
I have a Mainframe file which is 27900 bytes in length and it contains around 3650 columns.I have NDMed that file to UNIX in ASCII mode and gave that as input to a sequential file but whenever I try to view the data it throws an error without giving proper information.

One more thing I need to mention is that the file contains SIGNED numeric fields and i am using the TABLE definition imported from COBOL.
nynali
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Post the full detail of the error message, so that we can get all the other information that you're not telling us.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.