Index in Unusable state

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vpatel
Participant

Index in Unusable state

Post by vpatel »

Hi,
when I use Oracle Stage with option LOAD/APPEND to load 2 lac records in a table its indexes become in unusable state.
Moreover I made oracle stage "Sequential".
Also, I tried with option "Index Rebuild" in Oracle Stage. But it also didn't help.

One solution whcih i see is just drop the indexes & recreate them after data being loaded. But this solution doesn't seem feasible to me as I have to load no. of tables & those tables have so many indexes.

Is there any other solution? can something be done in Job itself so this problem doesn't come.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Vinod
Thanks & Regards,
Vinod
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Indexes are typically left in an UNUSABLE state post load because a unique index is found to have duplicates. You need to ensure nothing like that is going on. There are other reasons, of course, but that's the biggie.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
nick.bond
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by nick.bond »

With index rebuild the indexes should be ok after the job completes successfully.

As Craig said this won't be the case if the index rebuild failed. Is the job completing successfully?
Regards,

Nick.