FTP stage error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tiozzo
Charter Member
Charter Member

FTP stage error

Post by tiozzo »

Hi all, I am recieving the following error after running an FTP stage, grabbing data from a fixed width (80) file on mainframe, and writing to a sequential file:

Code: Select all

ftpCPCtest..Sequential_File_1.IDENT1: Mismatch in number of column between data and link
I have adjusted my length/display in my FTP stage many many times to try to incorporate the correct width. Data is being downloaded and put into the sequential file (as required) but I cannot stop these warnings. Also, no random delimiters are found in my downloaded data that might screw up my sequential file.

Any help would be appreciated.
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: FTP stage error

Post by sud »

tiozzo wrote: .... that might screw up my sequential file.

Any help would be appreciated.
Well, as far as my knowledge goes, the screw_up() function is not supported by datastage. :wink:

Onto the problem, the error says that number of columns expected in the ftp file is not matching with what is specified in the metadata. So, please check the number of columns in the actual file and that specified in the job. Also, as you have rightly checked, the delimiter setting in the ftp stage. If you have already checked these, try ftp-ing a blank file with the same metadata specified and if that works then you can be sure, the data is creating the problem. :lol:
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

FTP stage really makes a person suffer. Go for a .bat or .cmd batch script that ftps the file over to your server. THen read it with sequential file stage.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ds2000
Premium Member
Premium Member

Same Problem!!

Post by ds2000 »

DSguru2B wrote:FTP stage really makes a person suffer. Go for a .bat or .cmd batch script that ftps the file over to your server. THen read it with sequential file stage.
Hi dsguru/Ray,
can you please give an example, i have windows environment and want to get multiple files from mainframe through ftp and then transformation on these and loading into sequential files. i also want to check that if desired files exist on the source.