Row count from txt file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

reddy12
Participant

Row count from txt file

Post by reddy12 »

Hi

I need to create one job.In that I need to calculate record count of the file.
That count have to go to transformer stage.How can I create the job and calculate the count and need to send into next stage.Please give me suggestion

Sequential file(Source)------->Transformer----->........(stages)
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

In the filter command of sequential file stage, put wc -l. Specify one column in the metadata. This will get your the row count of the file you specify.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
reddy12
Participant

Rowcount

Post by reddy12 »

Could you please tell me where can i find filter command in sequential file stage? i am using DataStage 7.5.2
DSguru2B wrote:In the filter command of sequential file stage, put wc -l. Specify one column in the metadata. This will get your the row count of the file you specify.
reddy12
Participant

Re: Rowcount

Post by reddy12 »

Thanks,DSguru2B.I got it.
reddy12 wrote:Could you please tell me where can i find filter command in sequential file stage? i am using DataStage 7.5.2
DSguru2B wrote:In the filter command of sequential file stage, put wc -l. Specify one column in the metadata. This will get your the row count of the file you specify.
sshettar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sshettar »

reddy12 , Could you please let me know where did you find the Filter command in the sequential file stage in PX
reddy12
Participant

Filter command in sequential file

Post by reddy12 »

Hi,
Click on the properties tab and then click on options.you can find Available properties to add box on right side.
sshettar wrote:reddy12 , Could you please let me know where did you find the Filter command in the sequential file stage in PX
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Its good to see you guys do your own detective work rather than waiting for the answer. Keep it up.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.