Teradata Enterprise Stage - Response Buffer Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

andet14
Participant

Teradata Enterprise Stage - Response Buffer Error

Post by andet14 »

I'm receiving the following error while trying to run an insert into Teradata using the 'Teradata Enterprise' stage.

Enterprise_stage: TeraUtils:DB Call Error(success check) Info = 35466, Code = 3115, Message = Response buffer size is insufficient to hold one record > 32KB. [terautils.C:2863]

Does any one know how to resolve this error? We've tried changing the buffer size on the advance tab of the stage but that didn't help and the DBA thinks the fix may need to happen within DataStage.

Thanks
Todd
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Obvious, I should have thought: smaller queries or larger result buffer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jascontact
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Teradata Enterprise Stage - Response Buffer Error

Post by jascontact »

Todd
Did you ever get an answer to this one- I have the same error now
Thanks
James

andet14 wrote:I'm receiving the following error while trying to run an insert into Teradata using the 'Teradata Enterprise' stage.

Enterprise_stage: TeraUtils:DB Call Error(success check) Info = 35466, Code = 3115, Message = Response buffer size is insufficient to hold one record > 32KB. [terautils.C:2863]

Does any one know how to resolve this error? We've tried changing the buffer size on the advance tab of the stage but that didn't help and the DBA thinks the fix may need to happen within DataStage.

Thanks
Todd
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The buffer in question is not the DataStage buffer size - it's the query result buffer size in Teradata. The error message was generated by Teradata. Check with the DBA.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
trojancjs
Participant

Post by trojancjs »

I think this is a bug in the Enterprise Edition stage. For most applications, the default response buffer length is about 8K. The Teradata Enterprise Edition stage should increase the response buffer size depending on the size of the record expected to be returned to DS.

If you would like to see the buffer size DataStage is requesting the Teradata call level interface use, you can set an environment variable on the server before running your job to have Teradata's CLI write a bunch of information to a log file (including a response buffer size):

export COPANOMLOG=/path/to/tracefile.log

You also might have some success trying to override the response buffer size DataStage requests by creating your own set of default Teradata CLI options in a file usually called "clispb.dat", pointed to by another environment variable:

export COPLIB=./clispb.dat

- Chris