Fatal: Parallel job reports failure (code 139)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Fatal: Parallel job reports failure (code 139)

Post by kirankota79 »

these are the warnings iam getting. I have searched for this already on dsxchange, but i hardly found 10 posts for it and neither one i helping. iam using oracle stage as input and output. iam updating the same table at the o/p which is at the i/p and also tried writing to a file at the o/p, but still i have the same problem. please help how i can overcome this. the warnings are:

main_program: An NLS map <ISO-8859-1> is specified, but NLS_LANG is not set. The NLS map must be set to an ICU codepage which is equivalent to the character set specified by NLS_LANG
segmentation fault

Contents of phantom output file =>
DataStage Job 77 Phantom 4156
writeSocket() returned 4
writeSocket() returned 4
DataStage Phantom Finished.

Parallel job reports failure (code 139)
Job BASIS_SR_CKL_DATA_MASK aborted.

Thanks in advance
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Sounds like you need to set the env. var. NLS_LANG to whatever is in your database.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

i have created many jobs with the same database lastweek and i dont have anyproblem. Only difference is iam pulling data from different schemas.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

That might be it. It might be enforcing the NLS on that particular schema.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

there is no NLS applied to parallel jobs in our datastage server....all i have till now is only for server jobs. All these days iam doing parallel jobs and iam always getting the warning :

main_program: An NLS map <ISO-8859-1> is specified, but NLS_LANG is not set. The NLS map must be set to an ICU codepage which is equivalent to the character set specified by NLS_LANG

There was no problem with this warning earlier.

As i posted there is nothing like ' segmentation error'. only this time i am getting it.

and also I have seen the NLS in database and it is NLS_CHARACTERSET WE8ISO8859P1 and i think this is not different from schema to schema.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Reset the job. See if your getting any additional error messages. Also, try re-running the job. Does it occur everytime you run the job?
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

the issue is resolved. only thing i did is i rebooted the server. i dont what happened to it. thanks for your advice.