what goes to oracle enterprise stage's reject

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

djoni
Participant

Post by djoni »

sud wrote:
When you have a reject link with Load, you can never remove the warning sign on the stage!
The reject link is applicable for Upsert only, applicable but does not work, that's it
All jokes apart, it WORKS. And yes, you are right, it is applicable only for upsert mode. Just try it, everybody uses it !! And, a sample from anyone will not help you since the db connections won't be valid at your end. Infact, what you are totally ignoring is that this is one of the most simple things to do. So just give it a try and if it doesn't work, we will walk you through it.
Adjusting the db connection is easy, so email me your job that works
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sud »

but YOU won't move a limb ???? :x :x :x
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
djoni
Participant

Post by djoni »

sud wrote:but YOU won't move a limb ???? :x :x :x
whenever I request IBM support, they ask for the jobs to reproduce the problems at their installations, all types of jobs
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

You are right. Load wont work as it utliizes the sql loader. I have fixed my original post.
djoni, try to build a job at your current site in which you think the records should be rejected. Send that to IBM.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
nick.bond
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by nick.bond »

whenever I request IBM support, they ask for the jobs to reproduce the problems at their installations, all types of jobs
what do you mean by that? are you implying that these people who are helping you for free should also send you any job you request? :?
Regards,

Nick.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

djoni wrote:
sud wrote:And, a sample from anyone will not help you since the db connections won't be valid at your end. Infact, what you are totally ignoring is that this is one of the most simple things to do. So just give it a try and if it doesn't work, we will walk you through it.
nick.bond wrote:
djoni wrote:whenever I request IBM support, they ask for the jobs to reproduce the problems at their installations, all types of jobs
what do you mean by that? are you implying that these people who are helping you for free should also send you any job you request? :?
It certainly seems that way.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
djoni
Participant

Post by djoni »

chulett wrote:
djoni wrote:
sud wrote:And, a sample from anyone will not help you since the db connections won't be valid at your end. Infact, what you are totally ignoring is that this is one of the most simple things to do. So just give it a try and if it doesn't work, we will walk you through it.
nick.bond wrote:
djoni wrote:whenever I request IBM support, they ask for the jobs to reproduce the problems at their installations, all types of jobs
It certainly seems that way.
It's up to us invidividually, I just got one for this case. I have sent quite a few to those who need helps.
Shashwat
Participant

Post by Shashwat »

Just disable the RCP option and send the few fields to the oracle enterprise and not the omplete struture of the table. You will see that all the rows go to reject file ionstead of table without warnings
SHASHWAT GUPTA
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmmm... two and a half years later, they've probably moved on to other issues by now. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

Cool down joni...cool down.
This is a site where ideas are exchanged for free not fee
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »