Date value turning into ********** for Nulls

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

leon.ho
Participant

Post by leon.ho »

I do have a reject link coming out of the xfm. From what I can see the same column in the reject file is set to Nullable = "Yes". If there is some other property than I haven't set it.
- Leon
nick.bond
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by nick.bond »

EE can be such a pain in the arse with null handling. Try what I said in previous post and see if that get's rid of the first warning.

You could also try adding in a modify stage between CFF and Tfm to change the fields properly from Non-nullable to nullable, or I think sometimes if you added in a copy stage with the column defs changed from input to output, if it's from non-nullable to nullable, it may accept that.
Regards,

Nick.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I was going to advise the modify stage as well. Give both these strategies a short.
EE is very particular as its skeleton is built over a strongly typed language(C, C++). Hence its always advised as a first step to take care of all data type conversions and stick to it till the very end.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
leon.ho
Participant

Post by leon.ho »

Thanks Nick. Thanks everybody. I will try to mess with the settings and see if anything improves.
- Leon