auto-purging job's log

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

clj242021
Participant

auto-purging job's log

Post by clj242021 »

we can set project properties to atuo purge job's log,but Auto-purging is applied to all new jobs created in the project.how can I batch auto-purging for existing jobs?
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Ken Bland has a utility which will fix the auto purge settings for all jobs on his web site.

There used to be a utility on ADN which would do a CLEAR.FILE RT_LOGnnn for every job. This is not recommended but does work. Not sure who has this now. Would be easy to rewrite.
Mamu Kim
clj242021
Participant

Post by clj242021 »

kduke wrote:Ken Bland has a utility which will fix the auto purge settings for all jobs on his web site.

There used to be a utility on ADN which would do a CLEAR.FILE RT_LOGnnn for every job. This is not recommended but does work. Not sure who has this now. Would be easy to rewrite.
hi,kduke the command "CLEAR.FILE RT_LOGnnn " can clear log,but the job's entry has been destroyed.do you know any other way?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes. A routine that steps through all the jobs, purging the job logs and reinstating/reconstructing the control records. But do you want to archive them first?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
clj242021
Participant

Post by clj242021 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Yes. A routine that steps through all the jobs, purging the job logs and reinstating/reconstructing the control records. But do you want to archive them first? ...
hi ray.wurlod,I don't need to archive them.can you tell me how to do?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... this has got nothing to do with 'auto purging' but rather you are looking for some schedulable way to manually purge your job logs? What about the Auto Purge functionality isn't working for you? :?

As noted, you can get your hands on Ken Bland's utilities from his website and one of them will allow you to set auto-purge levels across as many jobs as you like, including the 'old' ones that didn't get your new Project level settings.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A simple Search would have revealed that the function already exists on DSXchange.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.