Lookup Warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kashif007
Premium Member
Premium Member

Lookup Warning

Post by kashif007 »

I am doing a parallel job which has two warnings in them. I have four set of lookup stages used to lookup four different dataset from the input file and the second lookup called "PolicyLu" shows this kind of problem. The warnings are as follows:

PolicyLu,1: Ignoring duplicate entry at table record 1,489; no further warnings will be issued for this table
PolicyLu,0: Ignoring duplicate entry at table record 1,539; no further warnings will be issued for this table

Where PolicyLu is the name of the lookup stage. Can anyone please elaborate for me what I need to fix in my job. Do I need to fix the input file or the Dataset file used as lookup. Please helps. Thanks
Regards
Kashif Khan
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Search would have revealed all. Infact, there is an open topic by you on the very same error here.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
thebird
Participant

Post by thebird »

This is because you have duplicate records in your Reference link to the PolicyLu look up.
Remove the duplicate, and the warning will be removed, but if you require the duplicate values then you should allow the multiple entries in look up - set the option in the constaints tab of the look up stage. Depends on your requirement how you should be treating this.

Aneesh
kashif007
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kashif007 »

Thanks
Regards
Kashif Khan