Set up ODBC connection in DS Server on Linux

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

xinhuang66
Participant

Set up ODBC connection in DS Server on Linux

Post by xinhuang66 »

I need to use ODBC stage in Datastage.

As I knew, I need to set up the connection in Datastage server first of all, then I am able to use it.

But my Datastage server is on Linux, is here a Linux Version ODBC ? or How can I configure a ODBC connection to MS SQL Server in Linux server ?

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

ODBC drivers ship with DataStage. They are in a directory called branded_odbc. You configure them the same way as you would on any other UNIX platform; that is, edit the $DSHOME/.odbc.ini file to create your DSNs and edit the uvodbc.config file in each project to determine which DSNs are to be visible from that project.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nick.bond
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by nick.bond »

This is documented in the dsupgde.pdf. You need to add an entry to the .odbc.ini file in the DSHOME directory. You will find an example entry for MS Sql Server, just copy that and add your relevant values.

You may also want to add entry to the uvodbc.config file so that the connection appears in the drop down list in the Database stage under DSN, however if you just type it in teh first time DS will add an entry to the file for you. (Note there are actually two versions of this file, one in the DSHOME dir and one in the project directory.)
Regards,

Nick.