Jobs Got Deleted

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bi_fujitsu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Jobs Got Deleted

Post by bi_fujitsu »

Hi,

I am working on a development project of building a dataware gouse for a client. We created about 20 jobs. But today when i came i found 16 of my jobs deleted. I don't have a backup of them. Is there any way of retrieving those jobs and also can i come to know who exactly did that. All the developers use their unix logins to get into datastage. So is there any way of knowing which userid did that.

Thanks in advance
ivannavi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ivannavi »

I hope these 16 won't be hard to create again, but to avoid this in the future go to Kim Duke's site:
http://www.duke-consulting.com/DataStage_Tips.htm

and download scripts.zip and schedule backup of your project(s) on a Windows machine.

Files sometimes just disappear. Shit happens... :wink:
ivannavi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ivannavi »

I didn't write poop. I wrote s..t. Is this forums engine inteligent or what?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As they say in register arithmetic, "shift happens".

The DS_AUDIT table keeps track of who deleted things. At least, it records the most recent deletion of various objects.

Could it simply be that your repository indexes are out of date? Did you try reindexing before concluding that your jobs had been deleted, or did you have other information that you chose not to reveal?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

ivannavi wrote:I didn't write poop. I wrote s..t. Is this forums engine inteligent or what?
Nah, just a prude. If it was all that smart, it would have added your missing 'l' for ya. :wink: [/joke]

Ray - assembly language puns? Oi vay...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
nick.bond
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by nick.bond »

If you want to catch the culprit try this from the command line in Administrator.

Code: Select all

SELECT PREVDELETOR, PREVDTD FROM DS_AUDIT  WHERE CLASS = '2' AND INSTANCE = 'YourJobName';
Regards,

Nick.
csrazdan
Participant

Post by csrazdan »

Sometimes jobs disappear from Designer and it looks like the jobs are deleted. To verify the jobs have been really deleted execute following command from Administrator.

LIST DS_JOBS WITH NAME <Your Job Name>
Job Name is case senstive.

If this command returns no value, the jobs have really been deleted. If the command returns some value, you have a hope and you may be able to recover by rebuilding the indexes. Execute following commands:

Code: Select all

$ cd `cat /.dshome`
$ . ./dsenv
$ bin/uvsh
DataStage Command Language 7.5
Copyright (c) 1997 - 2004 Ascential Software Corporation. All Rights Reserved DSEngine logged on: Mon Jun 12 11:22:21 2006
> LOGTO <Your Project Name>

> DS.REINDEX ALL

Please ensure that everbody is logged out from the DataStage project.

Hope it helps.......
Assume everything I say or do is positive