Warning in when using Remove duplicate and sort stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

snt_ds
Premium Member
Premium Member

Warning in when using Remove duplicate and sort stage

Post by snt_ds »

Hi,

I'm reading a sequential file and passing it to transformer to do hash partition.
data from trnsformer is passed to Sort stage where I'm doing Sorting on natural key in ascending and timestamp in descending to get the latest record at the top then it is passed to remove duplicate stage to retain the first record for that natural key.

I'm getting the below warning :

RDUP_NATKEY_TS: When checking operator: User inserted sort "SORT_NATKEY_TS_Desc" does not fulfill the sort requirements of the downstream operator "RDUP_NATKEY_TS"

can any please let me know how to fix this warning.

Thanks
Suresh
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

You don't need a transformer stage to do hash partitioning. You can do the hash partitioning with in the sort stage on the input partitioning tab.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
Edwink
Participant

Post by Edwink »

suresh,

after sorting records by keys
i think u are dropping any of the keys or changing datatypes or length any of the two keys in the same stage aor innext stage.

edi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you sorting the same keys, and in the same order, as required by (specified in) the Remove Duplicates stage?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I think your descending sort may be the problem. Most sorts by default are ascending. Your sort stage is doing an ascending, descending sort and your remove duplicates stage is probably configured for an ascending, ascending row order. You need to keep them synchronised to avoid the warning.
snt_ds
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by snt_ds »

Hi,

I'm sorting the data in ascending order for natural keys and decending order for one of the timestamp column.

same order I'm maintaining in the remove duplicate stage to get the latest record.

Thanks
Suresh
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Alva Edison(1847-1931)
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

Keys you are using in remove duplicate stage and sort should be same in order and data types . what is your last stage of the job?
hi sam here