Internal error: function 'utf_to_row()' failed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mansoor_nb
Participant

Internal error: function 'utf_to_row()' failed

Post by mansoor_nb »

I am extracting the data from the SAP custom defined table.I am executing the job by using FTP Method(Background) instead of using CPIC method to extract the data from the SAP table to avoid Time Out error.
The job design is as follows;
ABAP Extract Stage --------->Transformer----------------->Sequential Stage.

The SAP Custom Table contains some special characters such as ^M and è.Due to these special characters the Job is getting aborted while extracting the data from the source SAP custom defined table with the following Fatal Error "Internal error: function 'utf_to_row()' failed".

Please help me understand why i am getting this Fatal error and how can i handle these special characters in datastage while reading the data from the SAP Custom table.

Thanks and Regards
Mansoor
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The ^M character is probably being interpreted as a line terminator. Can you successfully extract data directly (not using FTP background)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
anu123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by anu123 »

Ray:

We are getting same error as mentioned above by mansoor.Its

function 'utf_to_row()' failed.

We have same environment as above. The job runs fine with CPIC method.

please thow some light on it.

-thanks in advance.
ray.wurlod wrote:The ^M character is probably being interpreted as a line terminator. Can you successfully extract data directly (not using FTP background)?
Thank you,
Anu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No more than I threw on the original problem. It seems to be an issue when using the FTP (background) method. I have not investigated any further.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.