sequential file error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

clj242021
Participant

sequential file error

Post by clj242021 »

when i browser for file to specify a file via sequential file stage ,it prompt this follow msg:
FTP error accessing host %1.ftp: user: Temporary failure in name resolution(to) Not connected.Not connected
every one who encounter this
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

What is your job design? The error seems to be coming from ftp stage and not from sequential file stage.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In particular there appears to be a problem resolving the address of the remote system to the host name specified. Is your name resolution service not working? As a test, try specifying the remote machine's IP address instead of its name.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
clj242021
Participant

Re: sequential file error

Post by clj242021 »

clj242021 wrote:when i browser for file to specify a file via sequential file stage ,it prompt this follow msg:
FTP error accessing host %1.ftp: user: Temporary failure in name resolution(to) Not connected.Not connected
every one who encounter this

I just drag a seq file stage from file palette . and click "browser for file" button to specify a file ,it prompt this msg
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Did you try Ray's test?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please double check that you have selected a Sequential File stage. It is very unusual to get an FTP message from this stage. Further, unless there is a link connected to the stage, then there is no "browse for file" capability (the file name is a property of the link, not of the stage). So please share with us everything that you have on your design canvas.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
clj242021
Participant

Post by clj242021 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Please double check that you have selected a Sequential File stage. It is very unusual to get an FTP message from this stage. Further, unless there is a link connected to the stage, then there is no ...
hi ray.wurlod,you send msg has been cut. why?so I can't see whole msg
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Thats because your not a premium member. Check here.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

For just a few cents per day you can purchase a premium membership which gives you full access. All revenue from premium membership goes towards bandwidth costs for this site (but does not completely cover them).