Connecting to remote Queue Manager using MQ Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gup
Premium Member
Premium Member

Connecting to remote Queue Manager using MQ Stage

Post by gup »

I have the MQ stage running on Linux ( 7.5.2 ) - and I can use a LOCAL queue manger, but trying to connect to a remote queue manager, the engine cannot find it ( 2058 ) - which makes sense. How does the DS Engine resolve what server the remote queue manager is running on?

the documentation doesn't reveal any information - Matt

Any help is appreciated --
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

It's been a long time since I've done this, so I'm a bit rusty on it and don't have the set-up here to try it in the short term, but as I recall, the remote queue activity is done within the MQ infrastructure. DataStage MQStage, as the "putting" application, still puts a message to what it "thinks" is a local queue at the local queue manager... however, a whole lot of name resolution is done by virtue of how that queue definition is established. It involves having a remote queue definition and a transmission queue. Here's an interesting piece on the runtime process, but it will take more digging to determine the exact steps for configuration. My bet is that there are some MQ forums that will tell you this and a whole lot more.... http://www.mqseries.net/manuals/interco ... .htm#HDRNR

Bottom line is that if you have it configured correctly, it's transparent to DS.

Ernie
gup
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gup »

Thanks Ernie

I appreciate your response - I will check into this thanks!