px installation on pc

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

basu.ds
Participant

px installation on pc

Post by basu.ds »

Hi can any one tell... i installed DataStage7.5.1 in my PC but parellel jobs with transformer stage is not working so can any one tell how can set the configuration settings for APT_Configuration indetail what is the problem i don't know..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome aboard. The only versions that will run PX jobs on Windows is 7.5x2 and the new 8.0 release, so I hope you weren't planning on actually running them there.

For help on compiling, we'd need to know what C++ compiler you have installed and the actual error message you get when you try to compile a job with a Transformer in it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

For version 8.0 recommended physical memory (RAM) for IBM Information Server is at least 8GB. You can probably run the Application Server on this machine as well with some performance penalty. And 2GB is the recommended memory for the client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
basu.ds
Participant

Px istallation

Post by basu.ds »

Thanks for your suggastion
basu.ds
Participant

Px INSTALLATION ON PC

Post by basu.ds »

i have c++(turbo) compiler also still transformer stage not working fine ihave 7.5.2 version and windows xp profeessional so can any one tell me how can i configure the settings configuration file
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You must have the Visual Studio .NET C++ compiler.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And note that your version - 7.5.2 - is not the same as the 7.5x2 version that will run PX jobs on Windows.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers