teradata multiload error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kashif007
Premium Member
Premium Member

teradata multiload error

Post by kashif007 »

hi guys
i was trying to run two jobs one for insert and the other for update using teradata multiload.both of the jobs have a sequential file to read from and do insert and update operation respectively. when i run the job multiload starts but gets aborted.i get the following error in the report when running these jobs. i have no idea why this is happening. did any one had this type of error. its not working with even the teradata EE. the error might be simple but i am unable to find it.

**** 15:00:17 UTY0805 RDBMS failure, 3803: Table 'NOORUL_SYED_ET1_VCHGINF' already exists.(FOR INSERT INTO THE TABLE)

**** 15:06:00 UTY0014 Bad keyword in the IMPORT command at position 169: Expected "LAYOUT" but found "fastload". (FOR UPDATE INTO THE TABLE)

please help
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

Are you using the create table command inside the mload? do a search with this table name in mload.
nivas
Participant

Re: teradata multiload error

Post by nivas »

run the multiload in sequential mode
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

nivas wrote:run the multiload in sequential mode
What do you mean by running multiload in sequential mode?

If you mean running it using single node config file, how is that going to help?
nivas
Participant

Post by nivas »

Multiload uses some work tables. When we run Multiload in parallel mode then each process will try to create a set of work tables with same names
that leads to job abort.To fix this we have to run Mload only in sequential mode. Multiload is itself fast efficient loading process.It doesnot need additional parallel process.

thanks
Nivas
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

I think that when a multiload runs it locks ths table. and untill this lock is not released, you cannot run any other multiload on this table. So if you run two mloads simultaneously, your second mload will abort but not because it wont be able to create work tables, it will not be able to obtain locks.
pajj
Participant

Post by pajj »

nivas wrote:Multiload uses some work tables. When we run Multiload in parallel mode then each process will try to create a set of work tables with same names
that leads to job abort.To fix this we have to run Mload only in sequential mode. Multiload is itself fast efficient loading process.It doesnot need additional parallel process.

thanks
Nivas
I thought all Teradata plug ins were sequential processes, not parrallel. Is that not true?