Question about Job parameters ?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

xinhuang66
Participant

Question about Job parameters ?

Post by xinhuang66 »

I am not sure whether it is a very stupid question.

Basically, I have a job with one parameter ( of course with default value). There are 3 different stages in my job deal with different tasks.

Can I change the value of my job parameter in the first stage, and then my second stage can use the job parameter with the right value.

And can I assign a new value in the last stage, and use the job parameter with latest value in after job sub-routine.

Anybody can help ?

thanks
sudeepmantri
Participant

Re: Question about Job parameters ?

Post by sudeepmantri »

Am afraid but this can not be done. Instead u can have 3 different Job parameters and use them accordingly. However the stages u have talked about in your Job, if they are all Transformers u can assign the Job parameter value to a transformer stage varible value , do the needed modification based on the business rules and use the changed value accordingly.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It is an absolute rule that a job parameter's value can not be changed once the job is running.
Can you use three parameters, one for each stage? If not, consider a modular design that involves three separate jobs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.