CFF issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

g_rkrish
Participant

CFF issue

Post by g_rkrish »

Hi,

I was trying to import the cobol file using the CFF stage...when i did on the server job there was no problem i svieing the data or working with the data come out perferct..
weh i did the paralle job with the same cobol file definition ...the decimal value in paraleel seems to be weired...

Server Parallel

Value Value

1 01.
2 02.
3 03.
4 04.

I am bit new to the parallel is some of the seeting am i missing ...Also some other columns also showing like 000000000 instead of null...

If any one can help out with this will be great....
RK
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How are you specifying null handling? Have you nominated a default value for these decimal fields? Are there any warnings about nulls being logged?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

ray.wurlod wrote:How are you specifying null handling? Have you nominated a default value for these decimal fields? Are there any warnings about nulls being logged? ...

Ray,

I have not specified the default value......There are now warnings at all on the nulls being logged.....i can view the data but the data looks like what i have said earlier....
RK
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

OK, I had to check those things first.

In parallel jobs, where data types are strictly enforced, the data browser shows complete precision and scale for decimal values, adding leading and trailing zeroes as required.

I determine from that that the field in question in your example is defined as Decimal(2,0) - or PIC 99 in COBOL file definition.

Don't worry about it, unless the values are incorrect. They are not, in your example.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

ray.wurlod wrote:OK, I had to check those things first.

In parallel jobs, where data types are strictly enforced, the data browser shows complete precision and scale for decimal values, adding leading and trailing ...
Also Ray i have another question...Can we merge two mainframe files using the merge stage....or do we need to convert to flat file inorder to merge...

Thanks,
RK
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

'nother question, 'nother thread please. It helps future searchers.