stage types vanished

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

michaeld
Premium Member
Premium Member

stage types vanished

Post by michaeld »

I have a strange problem. For some reason all of our database stage types vanished. They only vanished from one project. They are still on the other projects. How can I bring them back?

How do you add native stage types to a project? (DB2, ORACLE, SQL Server, etc..)

I looked at the DS_STAGYTYPES file, but it looks like it's a binary file so I can't do anything with that. Is there a way in the COMMAND interfce (Admin) to add them back in?
Mike
Madhusv
Participant

Post by Madhusv »

Try "Right Clicking on Palette->Customize Palette->Then add the Database Stages"

Let us know if you have already tried this option!!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Provided you didn't corrupt it when you "looked at" DS_STAGETYPES, you might try reindexing that table. But, before you do, export all of the project except stage types, because you may have to delete and re-create the project; this way you'll be able to reinstate your work. To reindex DS_STAGETYPES, execute

Code: Select all

DS.REINDEX DS_STAGETYPES
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
michaeld
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by michaeld »

Thanks Ray. Reindexing worked :D I though of doing this but I forgot the command for reindexing.... I wish the DS documentation was better.

I still don't know how it happened. Everybody claims that they did not do anything unusual that could have caused the broken references.

Anyway, thanks again!
Mike
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I agree that it's most unusual - this hashed file is typically only written to when new stage types are added. Usually this is when the project is being created or updated only.

Has anyone created a Custom stage, a Build stage or a Wrapped stage?

A glitch in index updating during the saving of same may have been the cause.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.