APT_FileExportOperator unable to export record: Record large

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsisbank
Premium Member
Premium Member

APT_FileExportOperator unable to export record: Record large

Post by dsisbank »

I have oracle target stage and use load medhod.I want to fill timestamp column with current timestamp.In transformer stage ,i use CurrentTimestamp function but i take warnings like this and no load data.

Oracle_Enterprise_50,1: APT_FileExportOperator unable to export record: Record larger than fixed-length record stream [impexp/recordstream.C:1362]

this column in oracle has timestamp data type and also in DS.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

The function that you use will give the current time stamp in internal Datastage format. But you need to pass the value into to Oracle to its requried value. You need to use TO_DATE() function to convert it into oracle format while loading it.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
dsisbank
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsisbank »

But how can i use to_date function for load option?
I use load medhod for oracle stage.There is no function like to_date in transformer stage or i havent seen yet.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

What if you load it as varchar? Run a test on a table using the load method which does not have timestamp in it. Is it really a timestamp issue? All that the error says is that the record is larger than the fixed length. We dont know for sure it really is a timestamp issue.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
dsisbank
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsisbank »

if target column is varchar,it's not a problem.it works fine and when i look data,data format is ok.But i cant change target column from timestamp to varchar because Business objects' reports will be effected.
dsisbank
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsisbank »

when i chose upsert medhod ,it works fine.But i must load medhod because of volume of data :(
dsisbank
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsisbank »

I solved this problem using OCI LOAD stage.But souce data is 30.03.2005 23:57:32.962000 but after load in target it seems 30.03.2005 23:57:32.000000.

How can i solve?
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

dsisbank wrote:if target column is varchar,it's not a problem.it works fine and when i look data,data format is ok.But i cant change target column from timestamp to varchar because Business objects' reports will be effected.
Your change will only be at the datastage level. Not at the database level. How will that effect BO again? BO has no visibility to DataStage metadata.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
dsisbank
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsisbank »

I mean db level and also i solved load problem using OCI bulk loader.Bu i havent solved micrasecond problem.I search forum but i couldnt find any solution.there are many solution recomended but they have no affect.

My source is 30.03.2005 23:57:32.150000 but i load this data like 30.03.2005 23:57:32.000000

microseccond is missing

Do you know how can i solve this?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is the target column TIMESTAMP(6) ? Does the date format string for this column in your record schema include ".6" at the end?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dsisbank
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsisbank »

Yes target column is timestamp(6) and timestamp format in DS is %yyyy-%mm-%dd %hh:%nn:%ss.6
i take data from DB2 both varchar and timestamp,When i use timestamp,it doesnt work but i use varchar it works but milisecond is missing.

as i read Parallel Job Developers Guide page 13-7,DS doesnt support milisecond :(
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

For this case, you can change the source to Char/varcahr using To_Char function and convert it back to Date with Timestamp with to_date function in the load stage. But you will need to use User Defined SQL for that.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'