refersh user defined environment variables

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

madhukar
Participant

refersh user defined environment variables

Post by madhukar »

Hi All,

i have a user defined environment variable in a Job.
it is working fine with the value defined at the time of creation.

if i change the value and run the job again its taking the old value which is present as default value in the job

if i remove the environment variable and add it again then it is reflecting the new value.

but i need the job to take the changed value.
Anyone has any ideas on this?
Sreedhar
Participant

Post by Sreedhar »

How are you passing the values to the job?
Regards,
Shree
785-816-0728
madhukar
Participant

Post by madhukar »

i have added the user defined environment variable in the job which fetches values defined (default value) in the variable.

What exactly i need to do is, if i change the value of environment variable, then that value has to refreshed in the job parameter.
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

When you are adding environmental variable in job, directly it will apply the value set from environmental variable. To reflect the change, instead of having value of environmental variable, mention this $PROJDEF. it will take directly the value from environmental variable.

Please see the below definition.

$PROJDEF. The current setting for the environment variable is retrieved and set in the jobs environment (so that value is used wherever in the job the environment variable is used). If the value of that environment variable is subsequently changed in the Administrator client, the job will pick up the new value without the need for recompiling
madhukar
Participant

Post by madhukar »