DB2 Load by ServerJob or Parallel

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

fmartinsferreira
Participant

DB2 Load by ServerJob or Parallel

Post by fmartinsferreira »

What's have a better performance to do a DB2 Load by ServerJob or ParallelJob?

Regards,

Fernando
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

If your referring to the bulk load stage then both would be the same I suspect. I dont have any test results to back it up. But technically both use DB2's bulk utility. Hence it should be the same.
If your talking about the DB2 API stage and DB2 enterprise stage then the latter is way way faster as it utilizes parallism and loads tables in partitions. I believe vmcburney has a blog on it. Search for his name and go to his blog from his footer signature.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
fmartinsferreira
Participant

Post by fmartinsferreira »

DSguru2B wrote:If your referring to the bulk load stage then both would be the same I suspect. I dont have any test results to back it up. But technically both use DB2's bulk utility. Hence it should be the same.
If your talking about the DB2 API stage and DB2 enterprise stage then the latter is way way faster as it utilizes parallism and loads tables in partitions. I believe vmcburney has a blog on it. Search for his name and go to his blog from his footer signature.
Thanks!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you loading a partitioned DB2 table?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.