Do not checkpoint null

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

karthegx
Participant

Do not checkpoint null

Post by karthegx »

Hi,

I wan't to know the use of Do not check point null in Job activity Stage in
the Sequencer .

Kindly help me on this.
kartheek
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you mean "Do not checkpoint run"?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
karthegx
Participant

Post by karthegx »

Ya , my sincere appologys for that its "Do not checkpoint run".Can u explain me why we use that check.
kartheek
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you execute a job sequence with automatic restart, jobs that complete successfully record a checkpoint.

Should not all the activities in the sequence finish successfully, restarting the sequence will skip any checkpointed activities. An entry will be logged indicating that they are being skipped.

Some activities, however, must run irrespective of whether it's a full run or a restart run of the sequence - for example a routine activity or job activity that generates a unique run ID must execute every run. Using "do not checkpoint" is how you guarantee that this activity is executed every time the sequence is executed, not just on full runs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.