Job Scheduling

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Vikas Jain
Participant

Job Scheduling

Post by Vikas Jain »

I need to run a parallel sequence which in turn runs few jobs & routines.
The need is to run the job continuously & hence to poll database constantly. The problem arising is due to lack of options available in DStage Scheduler for continuous run, I need to use daily/every option, but this creates the problem that one job is yet not over and the next schedule is triggered for the same database instance and hence it hangs the jobs & goes in some infinite loop. Kindly advise how to get the desired output using DStage 7.5.1 features

Vikas
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Write a routine and call from sequence

Alternatively use OS features
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Write a controlling job sequence that includes StartLoop and EndLoop activities. You can schedule this once per day. Include a mechanism (such as existence of a file) for requesting it to shut down.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sreedhar
Participant

Post by Sreedhar »

Make use of the sleep and wait command from the Unix O/S to wait and poll for the jobs
Regards,
Shree
785-816-0728
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Or incorporate them into a Routine and leverage that inside the Loop. I've done that, one Sequence job that runs 'all day' and processes a series of Server jobs every 5 minutes inside a loop. It sleeps, looks for an early exit flag, all kinds of things - and wasn't that hard to setup.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Vikas Jain
Participant

Post by Vikas Jain »

THanks for yuor valuable inputs.
I wil try out this and see ehether the purpose is solved or stilll some queries left..
~Vikas~