Getting job names from a sequencer.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

snt_ds
Premium Member
Premium Member

Getting job names from a sequencer.

Post by snt_ds »

Hi,

I am writing a routine. Job sequencer name I am passing as a parameter. I need to get list of job names that are calling in a particular sequencer. Can anybody please help me out, is there any option in DS to get the list of job names from the sequencer or else is there any other solution.

Thanks in advance.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This has been discussed previously. You could search for those answers.

The big question is whether you want a list of the jobs designed in Job activities in the job sequence (note, not "sequencer", which is a component in a job sequence), or whether you want the jobs that were actually invoked.

It is possible only to run some of the jobs in a job sequence, perhaps because of failure, perhaps because of the job sequence's own logic, perhaps because it's restarting.

Obviously the technique will differ in the two scenarios.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
snt_ds
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by snt_ds »

Thanks, but I couldn't find the posting :oops: . I need list of the jobs designed in Job activities in the job sequence. Could you please help on that.

Thnx
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What were your search criteria? A "search for all terms" inquiry on "jobs sequence list" returns 115 hits, some of which are pertinent.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
snt_ds
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by snt_ds »

I couldn't get in search results. I tried as you said. Please help me out.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did you check the "search for all terms" option?