Select the record with 0x0 inside the field by using Filter

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Please verify that you are actually getting the desired result out of the source before jumping to the statement " It does'nt work".
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
benny.lbs
Participant

Post by benny.lbs »

DSguru2B wrote:Please verify that you are actually getting the desired result out of the source before jumping to the statement " It does'nt work".
I actually can NOT get the desired result, otherwise, I won't seek for assistance here.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

No, I meant before feeding into the filter stage, make sure the data has '0X0' in it.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

As mentioned, pls mention what are you looking for? Iam sure the output of filter will have data like "dd" for Char10. And the rest of the 8 char will be filled with Null char. You cannot eliminate it if you want to maintain as Char. And What is the issue if it got in that data? Were you facing any issue during loading into any tables?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
benny.lbs
Participant

Post by benny.lbs »

kumar_s wrote:As mentioned, pls mention what are you looking for? Iam sure the output of filter will have data like "dd" for Char10. And the rest of the 8 char will be filled with Null char. You cannot eliminate it ...
DSguru2B,
I have check the output before "filter", it actually contain "0x0" (I use Transformer with Index function to test it).

kumar_s,
Yes, the rest of the char will be filled with Null char. So it can not be selected without Transformer stage ?

I want to develop a checking script to check if Null char has been padded to the char fields. (because our project not allow the PADString to be set to space and some developer is new to this tools. They are sometimes careless, so the Null char will be padded). And I want to generate a generic OSH script to check all the char fields, so it is better if filter stage (Transformer need to be compiled) can achieve the requirement.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Set APT_STRING_PADCHAR to space in /etc/profile. Then it will be set for everyone, and can only revert to 0x00 through deliberate intervention.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.