Improving the performance of transformer stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ravi468
Participant

Improving the performance of transformer stage

Post by ravi468 »

hi ,
i have a problem with the performance.
My source is a csv file and it loads into a oracle database.
we have a 100000 records only daily basis.
It is taking a quite long time to load these files.
the number of columns we have are 15.

please le tme know if any one can help me.

thanks in advance
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Welcome Aboard!

Use Oracle Bulk loading, you can load it in a few minutes. :idea:
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

It depends up on the Job design, Transformaions used (if at all), length of the columns (which is not a very big factor unless other wise its LOB).
You need to identify the bottleneck. If the source is in different nodes which involves network bandwidth you ll need to work for that. If its on Database, you can use Bulk load as suggested. If its on transformations, perhaps you can post the list of options you use, and get suggestions from the form.
You can try Multiple readers per node and other similar options available to read parallely for IO contention.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

Is any transformation logic built in at transformer stage? if not as suggested use Oracle Bulk Loader. Can we get entire job design information to analyze the problem.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

...or perhaps the Oracle Enterprise stage.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you sure the bottleneck is in the Transformer stage, or is this simply a convenient scapegoat? What throughput do you get if you replace the Oracle stage with a Peek stage? What does that reveal to you?

What settings are you using in your Oracle stage? What are the settings of the two environment variables that control Oracle commit intervals?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.