can't stop job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

clj242021
Participant

can't stop job

Post by clj242021 »

the job still run when I use command "dsjob -stop" or DS director to stop .
I according follow item:
1、the job status is run via DS director
2、run comm "ps -u dsadm" I found some pid belongs to job
run "dsjob -stop <project> <job>" it return Status code =0 but som phenomena is anomalism:
1、if Status code =0 the job must be stop. why it still run?
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

It shows the stop signal has been sent to server. It again depends on the current operation that been performed. Datastage will wait till the immediate thread to finish and initiate the stop signal. You will need to wait for a while, with some patience.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

Go to Director, Select the job and option "Job ---> Clean Up Resources". It will list the thread and Click Logout.It will kill the job. Sometimes in director the job status might not have changed,so open the job in Designer and compile. The status will be changed.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Cleanup resource are generally used to clear the locks and not to stop the jobs. But ofcourse, if stop signal has been raised and if it didn't stop, ther should be a lock held in or as a part of it. You would not be able to compile unless you have full access to the Log file.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

Actually logout will kill the process but sometimes status in Director remains same. (Running) whereas it is not.So you can compile the job. It happened to me lot of times and i fixed in this way.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Yes it can be followed with dsadm previlage.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What you see in the Director is the last reported status of the job. If the job was killed with no grace time in which to update its reported status, its status will continue to show as "Running" forever. Or until the status file is cleared. But, if you always stop job processes gracefully (never using kill SIGKILL), this ought never to be needed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.